COVD-19 Coronavirus LATEST as of 31st July 2020
Please observe the social distancing measures, utilize the hand sanitizer stations found at all entrances and follow the one way system. When you arrive, please note that a steward will take your temperature, give you a face mask to wear and ask for contact details; this is all in keeping with the current government advice.
More advice can be found on the .gov website.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
All services in our church are suspended until until further notice. Our church will remain open during the day but strictly for the sake of personal prayer. This is by order of the Ecumenical Patriarch made on 18th March 2020. The closure date will be reviewed regularly.
For up to date details of the church opening times, please contact Father Vasilios at the church office on: 0208455 7510
Dear community members,
With the outbreak of COVID-19 Coronavirus in the UK, we would like to ensure that we minimise the spread of the virus within our church. Our church follows Public Health England guidance on the virus. The latest guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
• a cough
• a high temperature
• shortness of breath.
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
We would encourage our community to follow NHS advice (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/) on how to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus. Currently, as of 10 March, this is as follows:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment.
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Our church will be providing hand sanitiser gel at the entrances to the church and we will increase the frequency of cleaning the icons.
We would like to encourage you to do the following:
- Use the hand sanitiser gel that will be made available at the entrances to the church.
- Allow distance between you and others in the queue when you receive holy communion or holy bread at the end of the service. Where possible, Church Committee members will assist in directing the queues.
- Worship the icons in the church without contact. It is allowed to bow to worship the icons and you do not have to kiss them.
Advice has also been issued to travellers who have returned to the UK from a number of countries. Anyone who has returned to the UK from any of these areas in the last 14 days and develops symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, should immediately:
- stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu;
- call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country.